4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Switching between tab controls

Access 97 on WinNT

I have two forms, 1 for processing info and 1 for research info. Any people (records) in the research table WILL be in the processing table and I need to be able to switch between the two tables. I was hoping to be able to have a tab control with the research form on tab 1 and the processing form on tab 2, and have it so when a record is selected on the research tab, it automatically finds that record on the processing tab. I know how to do this if the research tab was the main form and the processing tab was a subform (specify the data to display and set the unique ID default value to that of the Unique id in the first form), but is this possible between two stand alone forms linked by a unique ID?

I currently have a form that isn't attached to any data, with a tab control on it with both of required forms on tabs.

Any help would be much appreciated. Any more explanation to my question needed and I'll give it a go, as I haven't found it the easiest thing to explain.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switching between tab controls

I've quickly put together a database to try and highlight what i'm trying to do. Please see the form "Original Known" to see the ways I know of using tabs, and "not working" to see what i'm trying to achieve.
    It's a zipped Access 97 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files