Star Lounger
    Thanks

SubDataSheet Name (XP/W2K)

After reading about the SubDataSheet Name problems on the boards here (thanks all), I am in the progress of inserting some code to correct this issue.

However I wasn't sure if I needed to run this just once to set them, or should you call this each time the db opens or more frequently?

I was trying to find a posting I read yesterday I think... I'm sure it referred to calling a function to set them each time the db opened, or is it that once you have set them they will not change unless a user does so. (not that the user can access any of the tables etc anyway...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SubDataSheet Name (XP/W2K)

You needn't turn them off each time you open the database, but you will need to turn them off if you create new tables in the front end or if you link to backend tables where no link previously existed. Essentially, the setting is table by table, and once you turn it off, it stays turned off for that table in that database.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SubDataSheet Name (XP/W2K)

Thanks for that... I just found the article I was looking for and the example db was setting them each time it opened up...

But I happy that if once they are off they stay that way...