New Lounger
    Thanks

Subform totals (2000/2003)

I have a strange problem. I have created and been using a database in A2000. It has a main form with a number of subforms on tab control pages. On the front page is a series of text boxes in which subtotals from the subforms are listed, then added up as a grand total.
    I have just ugraded to a new computer, and now have A2003. I have opened the database, still in A2000 format, and all those subtotal text boxes are blank. I tried converting it to A2003 and it didn't help. When I open it on the old machine, there is no problem.

It isn't really practical to attach a file - there are too many interlinked tables and too many subforms to try and reduce it to a small enough file.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform totals (2000/2003)

I have a similar problem on referencing a control on a subform.
    What I have to do is adding the word form to the source control.
    eg: =forms!Formname!SubformControlName!TexboxName would be changed in forms!Formname!SubformControlName!Form!TexboxName
    Francois

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently 2003 has reverted to the 97 requirement that the .Form property be specified when referring to a control on a subform. In 2000, you could shorcut the reference because .Form is the default property of the subform control.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Francois and Charlotte. That has solved it.

After I sent my question I checked out the Northwind sample database and found I had the same problem with it, so I knew then it wasn't a problem with my file but was something in Access. Don't you love it when they change the rules?