New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Numbers, Sections and the TOC (XP)

I have a document separated into several different sections. Each section has restarted page numbers in the footer. In order to incorporate the "chapter" number of each section, I manually typed the section number and a hyphen in front of the page number for each section, i.e. 2-1...2-12, 3-1, 3-2 and so on. The problem I should have seen coming is that my TOC displays only the auto-generated page number and not the chapter number I typed manually for each section.

Any ideas on how I can get my table of contents on board with my page numbering scheme?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Numbers, Sections and the TOC (XP)

Go back & delete the manual numbering that you added. To have the Chapter number included with the page numbering, go to Insert/Page Numbering.../Format & check the box that says Include chapter number. You can also set the start at number from the same box & click OK. In the next dialog box (Page Numbers), click Cancel or Close, NOT OK. You don't want to insert additional page numbers from that dialog box.

You can reach the same dialog box directly, by going into your Header/Footer & clicking the Format Page Number button (the hand holding a piece of paper) & you avoid the Insert/Page Numbering.
    Cheers,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Numbers, Sections and the TOC (XP)

Thanks, Phil! I'm having to juggle some page and section breaks, but it's working like a charm!