New Lounger
    Thanks

Subforms (working) & Subreports (not) (Access 2002 (10.4302.4219)

I have a form with multiple nested subforms (2 subs off the main & one of the subs has 2 subs). The forms are working wonderfully. The problem arose when I tried to build a report based on the same structure as the forms. I cannot seem to properly link the subreports to the main report. When the "Link Parent/Child" fields are populated, the subreports disappear. Do the link fields need to be qualified somehow? They aren't qualified in the Form/Subform properties. Leaving the Link Parent/Child fields blank (Cartesian issue aside), does allow the subreport to appear on the main report. I also created a database in the 2000 format and imported all objects. It showed the same behavior.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subforms (working) & Subreports (not) (Access 2002 (10.4302.4219)

Welcome to the Lounge!

To be able to help, we either need more details about the structure, or to see the database. If you like, you can post a stripped down version of your database:
    <UL><LI>Make a copy of the database and work with that.
    <LI>Remove all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules) that are not relevant to the problem.
    <LI>In the remaining table(s), remove most records - leave only the minimum number necessary to demonstrate the problem.
    <LI>Remove or modify data of a confidential nature.
    <LI>Do a compact and repair (Tools/Database Utilities).
    <LI>Make a zip file containing the database; it should be below 100KB.
    <LI>If you have difficulties getting the zip file below 100 KB, save the database in Access 97 format and then zip it. (Of course, this only helps if you're using Access 2000 or later.)
    <LI>Attach the zip file to a reply.[/list]Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Zipped the file is 703KB. I'd prefer that it not be posted in a public place. Can I send it to you via email?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I edited my initially very short reply to give some details about reducing the size of the zip file and removing sensitive data. It should be possible to get it below 100 KB.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See MSKB article No Data Is Displayed in a Subreport When the Subreport Is Linked by an AutoNumber field with the Field Size Property Set to Replication ID. The article suggests two workarounds; I tested the first one (subform instead of subreport) on your report and that seemed to work.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    You are a god!!! I've been trying to solve this problem for more time than I care to admit. Converting the replication IDs to strings in the SQL statement of each report's record source works perfectly and is an easy fix to implement.
    Thank you so very much,
    Jim

New Lounger
    Thanks

Here you go. Thanks, Jim

Message edited: Attachment removed.