3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removing a button from record selector (Access 2000)

Is there a way to remove only the add new record button on a form? I want to only have the navigation buttons on the bottom of the form just not the add new record button. I know I can make my own buttons but I wondered if this was possible. Thanks..

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing a button from record selector (Access 2000)

The answer is No. Your options are to either set form's Navigation Buttons property to No, and create your own buttons, or use the built-in buttons and set the form's Allow Additions property to No. The latter option will prevent users from adding new records, but the Add New Record button will still be visible (though disabled).

HTH

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

In further reply, you may already know how to do this, but for a sample database you can download that demonstrates the use of customized navigation buttons (including the Record n of.... Records box) see this link:

Roger's Access Library - RecordNavigation.mdb

If you download the sample db, see NavigationSingleForm2 for example of form without the Go To New Record button. Note: You will probably get Type Mismatch errors when initially opening db (A2K version) & running forms, due to recordset variable declarations not specifying the DAO type library. To fix this, open VB Editor do a Search & Replace (CTRL + H). For "Find What" specify:

Dim rs As Recordset

For "Replace With" specify:

Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

Select Current Project option, then Replace All. Close dialog and Save Project & recompile. This should fix the errors. You should be able to adapt the techniques demonstrated in the sample forms for your own projects.

HTH

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you set the form's AllowAdditions property to false, the Add New button will be disabled. Is that enough?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.