Lounger
    Thanks

not a personal folders file? (Outlook 2000)

when I back up my .pst at work and bring it home, Outlook has started telling me that outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. It has worked before, but the last few times it has done this. It is, in fact, outlook.pst and in the right place. Any ideas?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: not a personal folders file? (Outlook 2000)

Are you "exporting" at work and "importing" at home. That has always worked for me even in Outlook 2003.
    H Lewton

Lounger
    Thanks

No, I've always just copied the .pst file from one "...Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/" to the other one. I have a shortcut folder on each desktop that goes directly to that location, and i just drop the .pst file in that folder and it's always worked in the past. Well, I should say "almost" always. Sometimes it has done this before, but not much.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 05-Mar-04 08:18. )</P>I wish I knew how to link you to a post but I don't. Anyhow, please see <post#=350500>post 350500</post#>. The name of the thread is Outlook 2003 (2003). I believe trish@work answers your question and has other links for you to check out.
    H Lewton

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Also, how are you taking it home? If you are writing it to a CD, the file becomes Read Only and Outlook has a big problem with this. You need to copy it off the CD and change the file's property to turn off the Read Only attribute... good luck... trish