Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sync with Outlook 2003

My aging Palm m105, PocketMirror 3.1.6, is syncing with Outlook 2003, but I get these sync log error messages for Contact and Calendar Items (parens show my edited summary) every time:

"The store did not support the required properties for (all 256 contacts, and all 176 calendar) items. Therefore they had to be processed using a slower method"

Now I admit, due to a lot going on, I haven't researched this, but thought I'd post the question in case anyone immediately knew the answer. BTW, I enabled Unicode in my PST. Any ideas?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sync with Outlook 2003

Just checking - but did you download the new update for Chapura PocketMirror to use on Outlook 2003? There is an update and as far as I have read, there have been a few problems... here's the site http://www.chapura.com/free_downloads.php. Hope this helps a bit... trish

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Trish, thanks, but this appears to be PM Standard 3.1.6 which I have. I'll spend more time researching later.
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The Chapura site does have the solution. From Chapura FAQ # PM297:

"When receiving this message, your data IS being fully synchronized between Outlook and your handheld. This message is caused by the way Outlook 2003 stores records when the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is enabled. Removing the cache option in Outlook 2003 will resolve this message.
    Open Outlook.
    Click on "Tools/E-mail Accounts."
    Select
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I would be careful turning the Cached Exchange Mode off if you are a <font color=blue> Mobile User (laptop) </font color=blue> . The Cached Exchange Mode creates the .ost file which enables Outlook to Synchronize with the Exchange Server automatically. Unless you are well read with Synchronizing and know how to perform this task manually, I would suggest that after a synchronization of the palm, you turn the Cached Exchange Mode feature back on.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for this good advice. I'm not using a laptop, but we get frequent power outages and I want to be able to sync offline, so on balance I think I'll leave the Cached Excange set and live with the sync warnings.
    UTC -7ąDS