New Lounger
    Thanks

Deleted folders returning (2002)

I have to deleted folders (formerly sub-folders of inbox) reappear from time to time. Each has one sub-folder that reappears was well. The four reappear en-mass when outlook is started. They never contain amy messages. I have deleted these ######s, emptied the trash, renamed then deleted, deleted then compacted, and run scanpst (which usually finds a few things to fix).

I am running Office XP on WinXP and use (probably too many) add-ins, including PGP, Avidian Prophet, and David Allen's Getting Things Done add-in. I say too many because sometimes outlook hangs on exit...and PGP 8 seems highly unstable to me.

It's not a serious problem 'cause I just delete them again. No other consequences that I can see. Just bugs me that they keep coming back.

I have also noted that in the drop-down box of forms manager has lots of now-deleted folders listed, including the reappearing ghosts.

Anyone know this problem?

Best regards, Herb

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleted folders returning (2002)

What you say sounds disturbing. I would suggest that you migrate all your data to a new PST in the very near future - in case your PST becomes irretrievably corrupt and you cannot access you existing data. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleted folders returning (2002)

unkamunka: I think your advice is sound. I have created a new PST and migrated my data. I'll let you know if anything strange happens with the the new store. Thanks for your wise suggestion. HJ Neuhaus