2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Behaviour (Access 2002)

Hi

I upgraded an Access 2000 DB to Access 2002. Once upgraded I changed a couple of forms to allow a user to:

a) display a path name ; and
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] display a file name

This information is used to export data. The path name is stored in a table (different name used for each form). Both forms have their recordset set to the table, and the path name text box set to the appropriate name in the table. They both use nearly identical code.

The problem is when opening one of the forms via the switchboard it does not display the path name from the table (when clicking the export button, an error message occurs saying a null record (ie the path name) is being used and the action fails). Yet it works ok for the other form. However, when I open the form (not displaying the path name) directly it displays the path name and exports ok.

Not sure whether the following is related to this, but there is a bug in creating a switchboard in our version of MS Access 2002. According to me, it is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Product=acc2002. Our IT department are looking into this. I can

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange Behaviour (Access 2002)

The problem described in that article has to do with the version of MDAC installed and isn't directly related to switchboard code, regardless of the version in which the code was created. All sorts of peculiar problems arise if the MDAC version gets scrambled, which can happen between machines or when a program is installed on the current machine that "updates" MDAC to a particular version. Have you downloaded and installed the latest version?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte

Thanks for the advice (learn something every day), much appreciated. No I haven't downloaded it as our IT department would probably roast me over hot coals for doing so. So I'm at the mercy of our IT department on when they a) decide it is a problem and [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] when they will get around to downloading the latest version of MDAC.

I will, however, paraphase your comments and pass them onto IT as it may assist them in fixing the bug a bit quicker.

Regards
    WTH

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

FYI

After further investigation by myself I discovered the problem only occurred where the user (meaning me) had Crystal Reports 7 professional loaded on their machine, and had been installed after installation of MS Access. Based on this our IT department were able to isolate the dll conflict and arranged for the following to be re-registered on my machine, which fixed the problem.

regsvr32 "crogram filescommon filessystemole dboledb32.dll"

Regards
    WTH