Thread: Fonts (VB)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Fonts (VB)

Hi out there, just a plain and simple question. Does anyone know a method to programmatically remove a font (so you can actually delete fie font-file) and to register a font (and I don't mean RemoveFontResource and AddFontResource !)
    Thanks in advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fonts (VB)

You can download Fonts.bas from Whitworth Software Solutions. This free module contains code to register and unregister a font.

(From the home page of the site, click Developer, then Source Code. Fonts.bas is the second item in the list.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Very nice code indeed, but it still doesn't work for my specific problem. I need to uninstall a font in use (Times New Roman). To do this manually you right-click on the font and select delete. Up until now I've not seen any code (including this) that does specifically that... When I try to do this with the code from Whitworth I get the message that the font is in use and a reboot is needed in order to replace the font....

Regards,

Jos N. van der Kooij

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I'm out of my depth here. I hope that somebody else can help you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you trying to uninstall a font that you're currently using? That's what the error message seems to imply. YOu might try switching to a different font *before* attempting to delete that one.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Indeed Charlotte, you're right, except, when I right click in the explorer on the font Times New Roman (in use...) I can delete the font without any (!) errormessage and replace it. That's what I'm looking for!
    So things are not what they seem to be, but that's the general idea on these pages I guess :-)