Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rollup Milestones to Summary (2000/SR1)

I've succeeded in rolling up my milestone tasks so that they show all milestones in one row, the Summary task for the project. However, I would also like to be able to add the name of the milestone task (e.g., QA) in the Summary task row. I would then export Summary tasks from multiple projects into one, to be able to see where certain similar tasks line up across projects.

Any ideas on how I can associate the milestone task name with its placeholder in the Summary task row?

Thanks,
    Caroline

Thanks

Re: Rollup Milestones to Summary (2000/SR1)

Caroline,

So what you are saying is that all of the milestone tasks that are being rolled into the summary for this example are all part of the QA summary task?

Does your summary task show all of the milestone graphics so each can be identified? Is the summary task truly a summary task or a regular task that contains all of the data?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rollup Milestones to Summary (2000/SR1)

I'll try a better explanation. I've got one summary task with several regular tasks and milestone tasks under it. Let's say the summary task is Application Development. The milestone tasks are Initiation, Design, Development, QA, UTA, Rollout, Closeout. Each one occurs at the end of the associated phase. In the Gantt chart view, for the summary task, I have checked Show Summary Tasks. For the other tasks, in Task Information, I have checked Rollup Gantt Bar to Summary.

The result is that my summary task has open diamond shapes wherever a milestone task occurs in the plan. What I want to do is to associate some text (preferably the task name) for each of the milestones indicated by the open diamonds in the highest level summary task.

Never mind, I just figured out how to do it! I can double click on each milestone in the summary task, select Bar Text, and in the Bottom position, select Name. It inserts the name of the task associated with the milestone. However the actual tasks with the milestones continues to show the text that I selected for them (in this case, the date).

Success is sweet! Thanks for your help.

Caroline