New Lounger
    Thanks

Double squished pics (Word 2003)

When printing a Word doc with inserted jpeg graphics, the graphics show as they should in the doc, normal in print preview, and then get doubled vertically in the actual print mode. I have repaired Word, uninstalled and reinstalled Word, all to no avail. What setting am I missing?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Double squished pics (Word 2003)

Not sure I can help, but just to clarify, are you saying that the document prints with double graphics or that it shows with double graphics in Print Preview (or both)?

If it's just on the screen, it sounds like a graphics driver problem & you should make sure that you have the latest driver for your video card.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,
    The doubling comes at printing, the screen view is just as it should be. I opened and printed the same file from a different PC, and it printed correctly. The one in question prints two photos in place on one, aligned vertically, and full width with 1/2 height makes them look squished. Viewing on screen is just fine.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't used Word 2003, but I can't think of a setting that would cause this. The most likely cause is a printer driver (or possibly some setting in a printer, but I can't think of one). Make sure you have an up to date printer driver for your printer.

In Word, you can go to Tools/Options & check two things:
    1. Check that Compatibility Options are set the version that created your document & look at "Use Printer metrics to lay out document". Try changing that option to see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, change it back.
    Hope this helps,