New Lounger
    Thanks

Convert Pagemaker Table to Word (2000)

I want to import or convert a table from Pagemaker into a table in a Word 2000 document because the table will take up less space when I create it in Pagemaker. I have tried converting it to PDF, HTML and PS files and importing into Word, but have found, at best, that the text in the table does not stay in position. How else might I bring the Pagemaker table into Word and still retain the same look as in Pagemaker? Thank you.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Convert Pagemaker Table to Word (2000)

Can pagemaker save as RTF?

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Since you can save the Pagemaker file to PDF, you could try using the adobe graphic selection tool to copy the table as a high-res image and pasting that into Word. An alternative solution might be to create your table in an embedded Excel spreadsheet.

Once you've pasted the PDF image or formatted the spreadsheet's layout to match your requirements, you can scale the embedded object up/down and/or stretch/compress it to suit your space requirements.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "take up less space." Word's table cells have internal padding that can be reduced to allow you to fit more in a cell, and you can play with the font formatting, and the list of possible tweaks goes on and on. Maybe if you post a screen shot for each program (zip them together in one .zip archive so they fit under the Lounge's 100K limit) it will be easier to comment on how you can accomplish this in Word.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Your first suggestion worked like a charm. Tried the second suggestion, but never got the table to look right. Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have a table when created in WORD takes up two pages; however, when I create it in Pagemaker, then convert it to .pdf with a 4800 dpi, and then copy and paste it into WORD (ala the suggestion in a previous email), I am able to save more than one page of space. I tried changing the cell, font, etc sizes, but the table took up more space than I wanted. Thanks for your idea.