Lounger
    Thanks

Autonumbering in Word (2002)

I am trying to create a simple numbering sequence using Field codes. This is what I have so far:

{ SEQ ROG }
    {SEQ ROG1 *alphanumeric }

This is what I am getting

Interrogatory 1
    a
    b
    Interrogatory 2
    c

What I want is that when I bring in the second interrogatory, I want the first one to start again with a.

I know that I could do this with autonumbering levels but I'm trying something new here and I'm sure it can be done, but I am new to field codes and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

djbooks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autonumbering in Word (2002)

Hi:
    One way to do it with SEQ fields is to use the r switch to restart the numbering. You can save each type of field as an autotext field & even assign a shortcut key to it so you can apply it easily. Take a look at the field syntax in the attached document. You may have to press Alt+F9 to view the field codes.

Note: I have Word 2000, which doesn't support alphanumeric, so I used alphabetic. You may have to change that back if Word 2003 supports the different switches.
    Hope this helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autonumbering in Word (2002)

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. That is exactly what I needed!! I knew it had to be something pretty easy, but I couldn't figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

djbooks