New Lounger
    Thanks

Outer Loop Not Working (Access 2000)

(Long code fragment moved to attachment by HansV; corrected inconsistent indenting.)

Hello. I'm a newbie to this lounge and really, really need help in my Access VBA code.

I'm creating a function that will take a start date and increment the associated labor hours through valid shift hours. Right now my code is working in that I can decrement the first record of 35 labor hours down to 0, but I can't make my code move to the next production number. I'm guessing that my outer loop of varI is incorrect and I need to tell it to do the calculation of beginning labor hours to 0 for each production number. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outer Loop Not Working (Access 2000)

There is no <font face="Georgia">rs.MoveNext</font face=georgia> before the final Loop, so rs will never move to another record.

(BTW, I don't understand<pre>For varI = 0 To varI - 1</pre>

You don't assign <font face="Georgia">varI</font face=georgia> a value before this loop.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Please don't include such long code fragments in the body of the post. Place them in an attachment instead. As an added bonus, indentation will be preserved - HansV

Hi Hans,
    WOW! That was a fast reply. Yes, I agree. The varI didn't make sense, so I've modified the code as follows. Hi Hans,
    I've modified the code as follows:

I've created a function that calculates the labor hours per production record (for example Prod_no 2000 has 35 labor hours. The start date is 3/3/04. I want to take the 35 labor hours and add them to the start date to find out what date the next production item can be put on the production line.

I've successfully isolated the next production start date and sent it to a production table. But I can't figure out how to make the new production date look at the next record and go through the loop again and so on. It only calculates the first record.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I'm not able to fathom what the code does, and why.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I appreciate your help, Hans. I'm experimenting with the inner loop. I know that's where the problem lies.

Kind regards,
    Dawn