Thread: Archiving (OE6)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archiving (OE6)

To reduce the size of my Inbox and Sent Items folders I have created new folders for past years' messages, such as Archive03-IN and Archive 03-SENT. This works well, except for the sent messages,which all appear as being sent from me rather than being listed under a TO heading. This makes it extremely difficult to trace a message to a particular person. Is there any way to have them listed under a TO heading rather than FROM?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archiving (OE6)

Select your desired folder (in your case, Sent Mail) and then select <font color=blue>View | Columns</font color=blue> ... Pick and choose the columns you wish to be displayed and then rearrange them by using the Move UP or Down feature.

Hope this is what you were looking for...

Cheers,

Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob, this is great. One small problem, however. This seems to alter the layout for all the other folders in OE6 as well. Is there a way for it to apply just to my archive folder, leaving all others as they are? If not, no great problem. I will just alter the arrangement when I need to find something in my archive folder and then reset everything once I have finished. After all, it is only on rare occasions that I need to go into the archive.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I did the initial test I spotted that it had changed the attributes for all the other folders. Me thinks you're gonna have to live with the "global" setting. But, as you stated, you can just reset them when finished.

Cheers... Bob
    Regards,
    Bob