2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupt 'Contact' entry (2000 w/Sr1)

Some (about 5 so far) of the individual "Contacts" in my Outlook Contact folder must
    be corrupt. The reason I type this is that when I try to open or copy or move or delete
    them I can't. I get the "...quit...all...applications..and restart Outlook etc. or the "...run
    the In-Box Repair tool (scanpst.exe)..." or the "...messaging interface has caused
    an unknown error, restart Outlook" messages. Well gang, I've tried these many
    times and the problem persists. I can locate the "corrupt" contacts and would
    like to delete them but I can't even do this. When I create a new folder and try
    to copy one-to-the-other, the process works up to the first "corrupt" contact and
    won't go any further. This also affects any "FIND" if the "Search all text in the
    contact" box is checked. I do back-up, but didn't find this problem until I copied
    over my last back-up. I do have a much, much older back-up where this
    problem doesn't occur on the same individual "Contacts" so I believe Outlook
    is working fine. I've tried this pst on another computer with a newer (probably
    SR3) Outlook version and still get the same results.
    It boils down to: Can I fix it or, how can I delete them (the conventional fixes and
    deletes are not working).
    Thanks in advance for your time.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Corrupt 'Contact' entry (2000 w/Sr1)

Have you tried exporting all your Contacts to an Excel CSV file and then re-imporitng them to a new PST? You may lose a few custom properties, but HTH.
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Do you use Offline Folder storage (.ost) files? This file may be corrupt and is synching the corruption back to your .pst. Exit Outlook and search your c: drive for *.ost and if it finds this file, delete it (Outlook will recreate when you re-open). Then perform the scanpst.exe (search for this file on your c: drive also) and your .pst with the 'corrupt contacts'. After this process is complete, open Outlook and verify that your contacts are now OK. Hope this helps... trish

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your input. Both suggestions work however the one from Trish@Work
    in the end was the method of choice. Both have their unique merits, Trish's for
    keeping the integrety of the "Contact" database, and Unkamunka's for showing
    me another way to keep a back-up of a mission critical file.