Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Word (98, 20002, 2003)

Add section breaks between the chapters: select Insert | Break..., use Next Page if you want a chapter to begin on a new page, or Continuous if a chapter can begin in the middle of a page.
    You can then insert a Section field in the page footer: type "Chapter " (without the quotes), then select Insert | Field..., select Section, click OK.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chapter number in footer (Word 98, 20002, 2003)

Subject edited by HansV to make it more descriptive than "MS Word".

I have a 15 page document and I want to be able to change the footer for my use. I would like to add Chapater to certain pages. From page 1 -3 is Chapter 1, 4 -7 is Chapter2, 7-9 is Chapter 3, How can I change the footer to show the different chapters or do I need to add this some place else?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chapter number in footer (Word 98, 20002, 2003)

There is also another way you can do this, if you have chapter numbers styled in Heading style. e.g. Suppose you have on P.1, Chapter 1 - Introduction, & on P.4, Chapter 2, The Beginning. If your chapters are numbered with outline heading numbering (Format/Bullets & Numbering.../outline tab/Customize... & then change it like the attachment):

Then, in your footer, just type the word "Chapter" & insert the page number. Format the page number (the hand holding a piece of paper in the header footer toolbar) so that you include chapter numbers.
    Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images