2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

access report (access xp)

I have crosstab queries that are pulling up the right information-- but I can not get them into a report-- is the problem that each of the queries have paramenters that have to be entered for the dates. I was considering redoing all the queries and leaving out the dates entered --get them into a report and then go back and put the dates back-- would this work?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: access report (access xp)

One problem with crosstab reports is that the columns may change. One workaround is to fix them by specifying the Column Headings property of the crosstab query. This is not possible if the column headings are dates that depend on the parameter(s). There are several ways to create crosstab reports with dynamic column headings; do a search for dynamic crosstab report in this forum for examples.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Did the search and neither of the demos would open -- I am not having trouble with the columns-- understand that--just can not get the report to accept the query-- it asks over and over for the dates and will not open the query. Will it work if I take the date paramenters out and redo the query AFTER the report is created?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know enough about the situation to know for sure, but it's worth a try. Make a copy of the query, so that you can easily restore it to its present state.