4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PreviousControl (2002)

Hi.

I understand the use of Screen.PreviousControl to return the control that had the focus last and was wondering.....

If i want to reference the actual control on a subform from the parent form is this possible? Or do i have to do this from within the subform itself?

The situation is I want a button on a form that will sort the coloumn that was last selected in the subform.
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PreviousControl (2002)

Hi M

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans.

Thats great! Clever stuff there, no need for the 'PreviousControl' after all. So the active control on the subform stays 'active' on the subform even when the focus is on the parent. Makes sense, as when i tab in/out of the subform Access remembers where i was.

Good start to the day! Cheers [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Just found I can use Me.subformMine.Form.ActiveControl as well [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

On the subject of sorting records, i would like the code attached to just one neat button, which i was (and may still have to) have the caption change depending on whether the records have been sorted ASC or DESC....

...i was trying to find a way of having the bitmap change rather than the text. I know i can use

cmdButton.Picture to set a graphic from windows, but how can i get the values of the soret button graphics within access? It just gives me (bitmap) as the Picture!
    Thanks,

pmatz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know how to get at the built-in pictures in code, but you could use the bitmaps from the attached zip file. Make sure to store the bitmaps in a location accessible to all users.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again, thats real cool of you.

[img]/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks,

pmatz