Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Email display name (WinXP/OXP)

This is such a stupid thing that I'm sure it must just be me, failing to spot where I change a setting!

In Outlook XP I have created myself a new contact form that, among other things, displays all three available email fields on the first page. The display name for each is changed as necessary (eg Charles at home, Charles at work, etc), but when I create a new email and click on the To button, it only shows the contact's own name - up to three times per contact. If I scroll across I can find the display name, but what I want is for the Display Name to be the default, not the contact's own name!

How can I change the address book (and by default the automatic filling-in function) so it list the display names first, please?

Many thanks
    Beryl M

Thanks

Re: Email display name (WinXP/OXP)

What you probably need to do is apply your new form to all existing contacts. Sue Mosher has excellent stuff on her site at http://www.outlookcode.com. There are also some tools described to apply changes and change the registry for the new form.
    Alan

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Alan, thanks for the suggestion, but it isn't that - I have applied the form to all my existing contacts already.

What I want is, when I click on the 'To' button in a new email (I haven't touched the email form!) for the list that comes up in the address book window to be of the display names, not the contact's own name.

I'll check out that site you suggested!

Ta muchly
    Beryl M

Thanks

I think this is one of those things that you can do with PABs that you cannot do with the Contacts folder (that is, exercise control over what appears in the address book dialogs). Hopefully I'm wrong about that!