Thread: online learning

Star Lounger
    Thanks

online learning

I work for a company that provides educational courses for property managers, facility managers, and building technicians. I've been asked to make recommendations about how we can best provide online learning for our students. Our course books generally range from 300 to 500 pages printed, but could be broken down to smaller pieces.

Does anybody have opinions about the good and the bad of educational software?

I'm considering recommending that we don't put courses online, but instead supplement the print and/or classroom experiences we provide with online features such as a discussion board. Any suggestions to that end would also be appreciated. I'm already planning to contact Amdragon.
    Michael Coleman
    BOMI International

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: online learning

Edited by Bigaldoc to add URL codes.[/i] See the Quick Guide.

I've used audio embedded in PowerPoint slides which worked pretty well. Look at this IBMs "Lotus Vitual Classroom". I am getting ready to try it next week ( http://www.lotus.com/lotus/offering7.nsf/w...ge?OpenDocument ) or there is a product called "Little Planet Learning" ( http://www.littleplanet.com ). It's a bit pricey but the demos on the web site are neat.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: online learning

Online, as in from dial-up or Web sites, haven't been a success for me. CD based training has worked though. I'm not sure why as they both have the same "feel" to me. Maybe I just didn't presist with the on-line stuff.
    Granville