Thanks

Animation - Automatic - Mouse Clicks - How? (PowerPoint 2000)

I set up all slides with an Animation Scheme, the Float scheme. This looks when you click "Play" for the individual slide, but when I play the full Slide Show using F5, not all of the slide elements come in at the same time. I have to click the mouse, or hit PageDown to get the rest of the elements to appear. I want all of the elements to appear one after the other and then have the slide wait until I click for the next slide. I went to Custom Animation for each element, and set it to start "with previous", "after previous", and whatever, and I tried a bunch of other options, but can't get everything to just appear on one click. Is there a way to do this???

Thx.

-Rich Belthoff

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Animation - Automatic - Mouse Clicks - How? (PowerPoint 2000)

PPT 2000 doesn't have animation schemes, so I'm assuming you're really working with either PPT 2002 (aka PPT XP) or 2003.

When you set up an animation scheme, all the animations are really on the master. So to change an animation for an individual slide, you must first move the animations to the slide itself. http://www.echosvoice.com/changeanimation....ngingAnimations explains how.

To do all of the slides at once -- and therefore take full advantage of the whole reason for animation schemes -- you may want to just modify the animation on the master itself. Apply the animation scheme to all slides as normal, then go to View/Master/Slide Master and change the "on mouseclicks" to "with previous." Don't forget to do the same modification on your title slide master while you're in the Master View.

Thanks

Re: Animation - Automatic - Mouse Clicks - How? (PowerPoint 2000)

I am using 2002. I'm so used to typing 2000 cause that's what I use at work, but I have 2002 at home. I may have inadvertently stumbled upon your solution by myself because I was editing some master slide background at some point. I never would have thought of that, but there it was. Thanks for the info, and thanks for the pointer to add'l info.

-Rich