Thanks

Re: Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE. (XP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 13-Mar-04 22:58. Edited picture.)</P>Open Windows Explorer's Tools>Folder Options...>File Types>DOC and see what you have for the Open action for DDE commands (the lines below the "Use DDE" checkbox). Also, for laughs, do the HTM or HTML file types have any DDE commands for their Edit action?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the graphic; that was crucial. My window looks exactly like yours...

Thanks

Hmmm... could be something in your page. I think people have posted a similar message with a merge document linked to Excel, but that's an unlikely scenario for a web page. Can you post a link to a problem page?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Jon_Rick on 14-Mar-04 03:18. )</P>Sure; see the below links.

BTW, I just discovered that that, when I right-click a file and select Edit, the problem does not occur with index.htm (which I created using Notepad), but only with files (e.g., abstract.htm) I created using Word.

Interestingly, when I click the edit button on Internet Explorer's toolbar, the problem occurs regardless of what file I'm trying to edit.

Thanks!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE. (XP)

Whenever I try to edit a Web page created by Word (either by right-clicking the file and selecting Edit or by clicking the Edit button on Internet Explorer's toolbar) -- if Word or Outlook is open -- I receive the following error message (whose window title says Microsoft Visual Basic):

Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE.

My only option is to click OK, which leaves Word open but does not open the file.

If neither Word nor Outlook is open when I click Edit, everything works fine.

Any ideas what's going on here, and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jonathan:
    I don't have a solution, but couldn't find a problem trying to edit the files. Index.htm edits with Metapad (my Notepad substitute) & Abstract.htm edits with Word. It didn't matter whether I use File/Edit from Explorer or whether I right clicked. I'm using Win 98 & Word 2000. I could find nothing on the MS Knowledge Base.