New Lounger
    Thanks

98 control panel disabled

My friend (honest) has been having problems letting other users profiles use the internet, so he decided to delete the profiles and start again. Unfortunately he didn't quite do this right and now he has major problems. His profile, which was the main one, still seems to be there but he can't access most of his pc. when he opens 'my computer' all he sees is dial up networking and briefcase. No c drive or control panel etc. Most of the actions he tries give him the message that this has been disabled and to contact his system administrator.

Does anyone recognise these problems and know of a way to fix them?

Thank you in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 98 control panel disabled

I'll have to dig some on this one, or maybe someone else will remember this. Does your friend have TweakUI (the freebie from Microsoft) installed? It seems to me I remember reading (somewhere) that it was possible to accidently disable Control Panel, but I don't remember anything about it. Before we spend a lot of time on this, it would be nice to know if TweakUI happens to be installed.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 98 control panel disabled

Tweak UI not installed. No need to spend any time on this though, he managed to get hold of a boot disk and has retrieved his settings. Thanks for trying anyway.