Star Lounger
    Thanks

FileSave Macros (Word 2000)

I have a number of templates created for a client. A couple of them have FileSave and FileSaveAs procedures to allow the insertion of some document-checking code. That works fine.

Now I need to add FileSave and FileSaveAs code to all the templates (well, those that start with a certain prefix). What is the priority order of macros with the same name? I'm assuming that the attached document template gets priority over a template in the Startup folder (which is where I want to put the code that runs on all the templates). Is that right?

And, is there a way to jump from the FileSave macro attached to the document to then run the OTHER FileSave macro in the global template? I don't want to have to maintain this new code in several templates, but I don't want to move the existing macros to the global template, either. I tried adding this code to the end of the first FileSave module:

Application.Run "'H:WorkingMyTemplate.dot'.MyModule.FileSave"

but I get an error:

Run-time error '-2147352573 (80020003)': This command is not available.

Any suggestions on how to make this work? Or ideas for another approach? Basically, I need to run the existing FileSave macros if they exist and ALSO run the new FileSave routine housed in a different location (and which will work with all templates, including those without an existing FileSave macro).

As always, many thanks!

--Karyl

Thanks

Re: FileSave Macros (Word 2000)

Microsoft has a KB article on the order that Auto macros execute, and I suspect that the command override macros are similar: if I remember correctly, it is document, attached template, Normal.dot, global templates and add-ins in alpha order.

The Application.Run syntax is tricky. You're probably best off starting from the Module.Procedure and then if that doesn't work, experiment with ! notation rather than . notation to separate the template file name from the module name.

In your global template, it might help if you put the code in a different procedure, such as:

Public globalFileSave()

and call that from all of your FileSave procedures.