New Lounger
    Thanks

Worth converting to tabs? (A2K)

Hi everyone,

I've just about completed a database for a charity, except that they have now mentioned that they would quite like the forms to accessed via tabs rather than a switchboard type form that I have created. I told them that it was 'new magic' to me but that I would have a look into it for them.

I have had a quick look at my "Running Microsoft Access 2000" book and it seems to be saying that I would end up doing an almost complete rebuild. This is because rather than opening up different forms, everything is on the one form but made visible depending upon which tab is selected. If this is indeed how things work I would have to do a lot of renaming, especially as I have used VBA throughout.

It would be a pity as I agree that the tabs would improve the usability, but I cannot see a way to just plug the existing forms in. Anybody know different? What I was hoping for was to simply say tab1 = form1, tab2 = form2 etc. I don't really have time for anything much more complex.

Thanks all.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Worth converting to tabs? (A2K)

I don't know how the forms you designed look, but you might be able to create a simple solution:
    - Create a main form with a tab control; this form is unbound (i.e. leave its record source blank)
    - Create an empty tab page for each form you now have.
    - Resize the tab control so that the largest of the existing forms will fit inside a tab page.
    - Place each existing form on one of the tab pages as a subform.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Worth converting to tabs? (A2K)

Thanks Hans.

Yes, that does seem to work better than I expected. I would still have to modify module code and the queries that take data directly from forms but that may be possible.

Cheers