New Lounger
    Thanks

IE 98 Content Advisor

Hi there,

I have a problem with the content advisor on my computer, I setup a password for it years ago and now need to change the setup but I cant remember the password. Is there any way of finding out what it is, or getting around it. I am using windows 98 internet explorer v5, I had updated to 6 but removed it after I had the problem with the content advisor.

Please help.......

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE 98 Content Advisor

Thanks for your prompt responce Phil, I will give it a go.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE 98 Content Advisor

(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 17-Mar-04 14:22. to note that this thread was moved from the Win 98 board, as it is more related to IE & seems related to <post#=354475>post 354475</post#>)

Hi Dembo:
    Go to Start/Run & type
    regedit.exe
    & press <enter>. Then navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionPoliciesRatings. In the right pane, right-click the icon marked Key and select Delete. Exit Regedit.

Start MSIE again. Choose Tools, Internet Options and click the Content tab to bring it forward. Click the Disable button. You'll be prompted for a password. Enter a new password, then click OK. This should disable the Advisor. Just don't forget the password. You'll need it later if you decide to enable the Content Advisor once more.

Here's another way to get rid of the Content Advisor...
    1. Delete the ratings.pol file if it exists, as described by Microsft Article Q154999 found at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q154/9/99.asp
    2. Delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionPoliciesRatings.
    This key will get rebuilt if the Content Advisor is reenabled.
    Hope this helps,