Thread: Clip Art

New Lounger
    Thanks

Clip Art

When I use Insert/Picture/ClipArt and then use Import Clips, all of the clips I have tried to download from the MicroSoft site it brings me to are in CIF format. I cannot open these from Office 97 at work. What am I doing wrong?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clip Art

If you are downloading them at work, for work, the Microsoft Clip Gallery instructions state that you should choose to open the file or run the program from its current location instead of saving it to disk.

If you do it that way, the clips are downloaded directly into your Clip Gallery into the Downloaded Clips folder.

If you are downloading them from home and then wanting to bring them to work, that would be different. Then you should create a ClipArt Gallary File (.cag), which you could import.

Here is a Knowledge Base Article Number: Q138511
    egghead

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clip Art

Thank you! I kept trying to save it to disk. I was always able to find them, just couldn't open them. I tried as you suggested. The first worked fine, but on the second one, the window to insert kept closing. I'll play around with it. I also go to About.com as they have oodles of clip art too. Again, thanks!