2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Accentuate slide sorter highlight (PPT 2000)

In the slide sorter view, Powerpoint highlights the active slide with thin border around the slide. Is there a command, hack, or VBA trick that will accentuate that border? Thicker, flashing, almost anything to make it more visible. It would need to be a persistent change rather than a one time trick, I think.

Thanks

Re: Accentuate slide sorter highlight (PPT 2000)

I can't think of anything offhand. What are you trying to accomplish?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

I suspect it is one of the numerous items in the Windows color scheme (Display control panel). It would take some experimentation to find it, if that is the case... okay, I experimented. Could change color but not thickness, and the color change is rather unhelpful in other contexts... Perhaps there is a better way, but nothing leaps to mind.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, that is pretty helpful. Thickening would be better but this helps and would never have occurred to me. Thank you.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I use a Powerpoint Add-In called SundayStar (http://officeone.mvps.org/sundaystar/sundaystar.html) in a dual monitor configuration. It uses the slide sorter mode on one screen to track/control what slide is being shown on the other screen. Very useful for video projection. But it would be nice if there were a more visible highlight on the active slide.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, we ran Sunday using a bright pink highlight and it was a considerable improvement. Does anyone know if there is a windows hack that will cause the 'highlight' property to blink, perhaps?

It's going to take a while to get used to the pink highlight in normal ops. Interesting what we get used to and find disturbing when it is changed. I wonder if there is a way to easily switch between Windows color schemes.? I will have to go Googling.

Thanks again.