2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy Macros and Toolbar to Another User's PERSONAL (Excel 2000)

I have several useful macros and a customized toolbar with buttons on which I've assigned the macros stored in my Excel startup PERSONAL workbook. Can someone please tell me how I can easily copy the macro modules and toolbar from my PERSONAL startup workbook into another user's personal startup workbook. Many thanks!...Mary

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Macros and Toolbar to Another User's PERS

Since it involves both code and a toolbar, perhaps the simplest option would be to email the Personal.xls file - suitably trimmed down if necessary - to the other user and let them copy the details into their own Personal.xls. The file lives in something like: Cocuments and Settings[username]Application DataMicrosoftExcelXLStart. You will need to have both "Show hidden files and folders" checked and "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under Start|Settings|Control Panel|Folder Options|View in order to access the file. HTH
    Gre

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Many thanks for your quick response! I'll try your suggestion soon and am sure it will work. Thanks again...Mary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to unkamunka's suggestion: give the copy of Personal.xls another name, for it is not possible to open two workbooks named Personal.xls, even if they are in different folders. A custom toolbar is normally stored in a file with extension .xlb, together with custom lists, and some other customizations. The exact name and location of this file depends on the operating system. You could send this file too, or attach the toolbar to the renamed copy of Personal.xls (open the copy, unhide it, select Tools | Customize..., activate the Toolbars tab and click Attach...)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Macros and Toolbar to Another User's PERSONAL (Excel 2000)

Check out <post#=200526>post 200526</post#>
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association