Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem cropping wmf picture (2000sr3)

I'm inserting a WMF picture into a word document. When I crop part of the image, the image boundary is changed satisfactorily, but the bit that I have cropped off still appears on the page. That is, it now appears on top of the text adjacent to the picture. Any suggestions?
    A work-around is to edit the wmf within the word document and delete the section I want to crop off. However, when I do this, the file size increases dramatically. Ie if I just insert the wmf into word, the size of the word document is about half the .wmf file size. Once I edit part of the image, the word file size returns to the image size - ie word turns off whatever compression was being used. I have draw 98 installed (which I'm guessing is doing the editing here).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem cropping wmf picture (2000sr3)

Hi Bruce:
    When you edit a picture in MS Word, Word keeps both the original size & edited size & therefore the filesize increases dramatically. While I'm not an expert with pictures, most of the experts here recommend that you do your editing outside of Word, & then paste in the image. You can use MS Photo Editor, which comes with Office, or look up in Software wants for other image programs, such as Irfanview (which is free).
    Cheers,

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Problem cropping wmf picture (2000sr3)

I agree with Phil, just use a COPY of the image and crop all you want and then insert the image.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.