2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

BMP in Signature (Outlook 2000 SP3 Version 9.0.0.6627)

Is it possible to include a BMP-file in the signature of an e-mail? If so, how?

Thanks

Re: BMP in Signature (Outlook 2000 SP3 Version 9.0.0.6627)

Create the signature (with bmp's hyperlinks, or whatever) in Word and then copy & paste it into the Outlook signature.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Once again, thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps it just isn't my day. I changed the format of my mail from Plain Text to HTML, and created a simple signature in Word. Then I copied, pasted, saved, restarted Outlook, and no BMP in the signature. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I don't use a 'signature' in my e-mails but I created one and tested it as per my previous post. It worked properly, although I am using OL 2003. The only other suggestion is to go to the MS Knowledge base, select Outlook 2000 as the product, and do a search on "no signature". The search returns many articles, one of which may be relevant to you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    John

Thanks

One more thing - you must have both Outgoing and Incoming Mail set to HTML. If any of your recipients have their incoming mail set to "read as plain text" (probably the safest option), and you have a graphic as part of your signature, they won't see your signature. Rather, your signature will appear as an attachment to the message.
    John

Thanks

Word seems to handle signatures differently than the built-in Outlook editor. In the Outlook editor, you typically link to the file rather than pasting it in. You either can create your signature as a stand-alone HTML file, or create it through Outlook's dialogs...

Tools > Options... > Mail Format tab
    Make sure format is set to HTML
    Click Signatures... > New...
    Enter a title and then, after creating the text, click Advanced Edit... to launch your system's HTML editor. This could be Notepad, Word, FrontPage, etc., depending on your configuration. Anyway, at that point you can insert the image into the signature file using whatever methods are supported by the editor. In the case of Notepad, you'll need to use HTML tags. In Word or FrontPage, you can use interactive tools.

But... as noted above, I'm not sure that this signature will be available in Word at the end of all that. I never use Word as my mail editor.