New Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with Kaspersky and WORD 2003 (Office 2003

Ever since I installed Kaspersky 4.5.0.49 I am experiencing problems with Office 2003 programs. I believe it's linked to Macros protection but haven't been able to fix it. OS is XP Pro.

Whenever I open Word it says preparing to install, then I would get an error message saying " The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that require macro support. When this software was installed you did not select macro support." This happens if I open Publisher also. Worst of all, every time I try to reply to an email in Outlook the same thing happens and Word opens.

I know the problem lies with Kaspersky because when I uninstalled it the problem disappeared until I reinstalled. Any Ideas?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problems with Kaspersky and WORD 2003 (Office 2003

I don't know the answer, but if someone here doesn't know, you might try their support at mailto:info@kaspersky.com. It could be that if you lower your security (Tools/Macros/Security...) from high to medium (don't use low), the message may go away. I also found this site regarding configuring Kaspersky, but don't know if that will help.