3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Does Outlook 2000 have Suggest Names feature? (Outlook 2000 SR-3)

I am working on Outlook 2003, so I can't remember. Most of our employees are using Outlook 2000. We recently gave a user a new machine (with Outlook 2000 on it) and he complained that Outlook does not display name suggestions when he's typing an email address that he's sent to before like it used to. My first thought "Oh, you don't have Suggest Names turned on" but upon going to Tools | Options | General tab | Email options | Advanced Email Options...I don't see a Suggest Names option like in 2003. And I'm not sure if, on the user's old machine, we had him using 2000 or XP, to tell you the truth. Am I overlooking something?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Does Outlook 2000 have Suggest Names feature? (Outlook 2000 SR-3)

If it's a new machine, doesn't the "name suggestion" file take a while to build? This doesn't answer your question as put, but I think Outlook 2000 users can use Ctrl-K to attempt email recipient address resolution.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hey John - yeah, with a new machine the suggest names feature would take a while to "build" it's list, but my problem is, on this machine, I don't even see the Suggest Names option under Tools | Options. Which takes me back to my original question - does anyone remember if Outlook 2000 even had the Suggest Names feature. I see it under Outlook 2003, and XP, but can't find it under 2000.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't remember it as an option in 2000, which only means that I don't remember it ...
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Does Outlook 2000 have Suggest Names feature?

I recollect some form of AutoComplete in Outlook 2000. I think you could hit Enter after filling in 3 or so characters of a name and it would complete automatically. HTH
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Does Outlook 2000 have Suggest Names feature?

Yeah - that's the Automatic Name Checking/Resolution, which I DO see under Tools | Options. But this user wants the neat little drop down list (the Suggest Names list) which I don't think is in 2000. I've kinda reached the conclusion that he must have had a newer version of Outlook on his old computer. I'm just going to load Outlook XP to make him happy. Thank you all for your feedback.