Star Lounger
    Thanks

Writing code to Shared Borders (Front Page 2003/XP)

Can someone tell me how I can write code to the area that is in a shared border?

I am creating a site for someone who wants to add a web ring to their site. The web ring they want to join requires that you put their graphic and link information on the person's home page. I would prefer to add it to the shared border area of their site. It is no problem that it is seen every page as long as I can keep it very low on the page.

When I look at the html code pane, none of the existing text etc that goes in the shared border can be seen. If I do a search for any of the words on that shared border, nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Thanks

Re: Writing code to Shared Borders (Front Page 2003/XP)

I don't have FP 2003, however in FP 2002 the folder containing the shared borders are normally hidden.
    Check Tools, Web Settings, Advanced and make sure the "Show hidden files and folders" check box is enabled.
    You should now be able to see the _borders folder and the files contained in it. These are ordinary html files and can be edited in FP.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Writing code to Shared Borders (Front Page 2003/XP)

Hi Catherine,

Actually Web Settings is no longer under tools. But when you said something about a border folder it jumped out at me that it is in the line up of folders on the left hand side of the web folders panel. I just opened that folder and there were the shared borders. If I opened a shared border and looked at the code, I could add code to that part of the web very easily.

Sheesh this being a creature of habit sure gets in the way sometimes. :-)

Thanks for your quick response. I knew there had to be answer. I was just trying to make it more complicated than it really was :-)

Marilyn