New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 from 2002 (Outlook 2003)

To begin with, let me apologize if this is elsewhere in the forums; I tried but was unable to find any answers. If I could be directed to them, maybe that's all the answer I'll need. That said, I have read that the only upgrade of significance, concerning Office 2003 from Office 2002, especially if one is on a tight budget, is Outlook 2003. I am currently using Office Pro 2002 SP3 (as of last week) and have only had it for a year; I have barely learned Word and Excel's differences from 97. And really don't see any need at this time to upgrade the whole suite. But I've read that the new features in Outlook 2003 could be considered worthwhile for an upgrade of just that app. And I also recall reading that many people have had difficulties when trying to do this upgrade, such as data file loss or corruption and general hard-to-make-it-work-right problems, though this was several months ago. Lately I have not been seeing any discussions concerning this topic on any of the forums I jump in and out of. I'm considering it again and would like to know if there is any new news or KB articles or experiences, faq's, patches, or fixes that might be helpful in helping me decide, or directions to any threads in this forum concerning this topic that I have not been able to track down. Thanks for any help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Upgrading to Outlook 2003 from 2002 (Outlook 2003)

I am in the same situation I have only been using Office XP about a year and purchased Outlook 2003 to upgrade. I am now concerned that I will not be able to use Word as my E-mail editor nor will I be able to use the WOPR add-in. Since I like all three ideas of WOPR, OL 2003, and Office XP I am concerned as to what functionality I will loose if I go forward with the upgrade. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.