New Lounger
    Thanks

Import does not display Select Destination Folder (2003)

I am currently importing .csv files into Outlook 2003. We are using Exchange Server 2003. Some of the machines (all are running Win XP) Import the csv file. The majority just get to the Select Destination Folder and there are no choices to select and the Next button is not enabled. The machines that Import have an .adr file. The ones that don't Import do not have an .adr file. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OE 2k3 and copying the .adr file from one machine to another. When reinstalling I have selected "Run All from this machine" so that all options and converters are installed.

Has anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import does not display Select Destination Fol

Welcome to the Lounge!

The .adr file is your mapping file which tells which CSV fields map to Outlook fields - and will vary according to customisations. Have a look at <!mskb=290859>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 290859<!/mskb> and see if that can inspire you to revisit your procedures.

HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I have read that article and followed those steps. The problem is that the "Select Destination Folder" mentioned in Step 5 of the article does not display any folders to select and the Next button is not enabled. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

How are you building your CSV files? AFAIK the ADR files are generated on an Outlook export - so to swap them from one user to another - ALL the fields have to be *EXACTLY* the same. Maybe you will have to run some test samples to generate the right ADR files. As you have seen, without an ADR file there is little prospect of progress. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response!
    The csv files are being generated by exporting addresses from the Novell Groupwise mail agent. (we are migrating to MS) I have successfully imported them for about half of my users. When I am performing the import (of the half that fails), I get to step 5 of the Import and Export Wizard that asks me to Select Destination Folder. The area where various folders should appear (like contacts, inbox, etc.) it is blank and the Next button is dimmed (disabled). I don't even get to the map fields step.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

How are the ADR files being generated then? Does that mean some users already had Outlook?
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem is solved!!!
    It seems that the Import will not work if the licenses cannot be validated on the license server. We are using Win Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 running on it. When Remote access is used it maxs out the number of licenses and causes Win 2k3 server to make all licenses unavailable. Rebooting the server makes the licenses available. We are using this server as a license server for MS Office 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 as well. When we had a license shortage, the Outlook 2003 Import fails. I had to reboot the server this morning and VOILA!!! The Import is now working just fine.
    It would be interesting if someone could validate this or point me to some documentation on it. This seems like a very strange way to enforce licensing.... at least to me.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the date of the ADR files, they are created when you map the fields between the CSV file and the Import Destination. Looking inside the ADR file it has the mapping information in it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED, My theory is busted! After restoring the licenses importing failed again in the same way. It must be a bug. Any ideas anyone?