Nenad

Rodent freezing whilst working with a Word file

Hi ppl:

A colleague of mine complains that her mouse frequently freezes whilst working with a Word file created on other machine, and other OS (Windows NT).

Anybody having similar experiences? And if you do, can you plz tell me what would be a workaround?

Nenad
    neno.site.sh

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rodent freezing whilst working with a Word file

Hi Nenad:

I noticed that you haven't gotten a response yet. That's probably because the description is a little vague & there can be many causes. To name a few:
    1. The mouse is dirty & needs cleaning (unless it's an optical mouse) or replacing.
    2. Mouse driver corrupt or needs updating.
    3. A running program interfering with the mouse.
    4. Document corruption or an add-in that is causing the mosue to freeze.

Hope this helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have seen cases where, in Page Layout view with a relatively low zoom level, there is a gray band in between the edge of the page and the edge of the Word window. When the mouse cursor goes into this region, it is impossible to see it. To the unwary user, it can seem as if the mouse has "locked up".

When the mouse "locks up", does Word respond to keyboard shortcuts? The answer to this question will help identify the root cause.

Nenad

Thank you for trying to help, Phil and JIMbythebay. I'll pass your questions to this colleague of mine and her reply to you. In my opinion, it's almost surely about the mouse. I found a KB article about similar problems with Logitech mouse but she's technically challenged a bit, can't even tell is it the Logitech mouse or not...