3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hidden MSP Tasks in Print Preview mode? (XP)

Hello,

The screenshot shows how I cannot seem to see the Task List in Print Preview.
    How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.

Bob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Re: Hidden MSP Tasks in Print Preview mode? (XP)

Bob,

A couple of items to check for this.

1. Before going to print preview, can you see the gantt tasks on the screen? If the dividing line between the tasks and gantt is all the way to the left such that you can't see tasks or if the first task is not fully visable, you may not be able to see the tasks when printing.

2. Go to Print Preview, Page Setup, Select the View tab and check your settings. Check the checkbox for print the first "N" columns and put in a number to see if this works.

Post back if neither of these works.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

1st Question: Yes I can see the Task List in normal view (before Print Previewing).

2nd Question: Yes if I choose option to Select 3 columns, then I can see the Task List.
    But not with 1 or 2 columns.

Problem is that when choosing the 3 column view, it shows the WHOLE task list WIDTH which means there isn't enough space to show the GANNT Chart itself.

Ideally, I'd like the Task List and GANNT to take 50% of the width each, but I'm having problems in applying this setting???

TIA.

Bob.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attached screen-shot showing problem with Task List width setting...

Thanks

Bob,

In print preview mode, the timescale view on the right side of the page will go to the beginning of the next full column of data selected based on where the left side of the timescale is dragged.

For example, the Task Name is typically much longer then the other fields. If your task name spans half of the gantt view such that in print preview it takes too much space, you can go back to the gantt view and drag the left side of the timescale so it covers part of the task name. Then in print preview mode, you won't see the task name at all. (Not good)

To better distribute the columns on the left side, for this example, make the width of the task name narrower and allow text wrapping and then drag the timescale just to the right of the task name and then try print preview.

Unfortunately, this is just the way it is. I am not sure if XP has a better way to do this.

One other item you might try. If you go to File Print, try checking or unchecking the "Print left column of pages only" checkbox to see what happens.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)