New Lounger
    Thanks

Find toolbar (2003)

I like to have 3 Outlook 2003 windows open, I for mail, one for my calendar, and one for my notes. I also like to have the new Find toolbar open the whole time above my inbox as I use it constantly. However, it just takes up screen space above my Calendar and Notes windows as I never use it. However, if I try to switch it off on Calendar then the next time I open Outlook it is off on my Inbox too. Is there any way to have it above my Inbox but not on Calendar or Notes?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Find toolbar (2003)

I may be wrong, but I believe the toolbar settings are global in Outlook. I am not sure about OL2003, but in all other versions this appears to be the case. The settings themselves are stored in OUTCMD.DAT.
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

First of all turn off the Find toolbar. Next right-click on the Calendar and choose Open in New Window... do the same for the Notes window. Then return to Outlook in the Mail folder and click on the Find button. This only affects the active 'Outlook' window and not the subsequent windows which you opened. Hope this helps... trish

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the next time I open Outlook I get the find bar open on all 3 windows again.