2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attachment on bottom. Separate Windo(OLK2000 SR-1)

An EU was wondering how to configure Outlook so that the Attachments show up at the bottom of the screen in a separate window. I have seen this before and was wondering what the settings were. I remember seeing the email in one window and the attacmnebts in another right below it.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Attachments how on very bottom (OLK2000 SR-1)

I used Outlook 2000 in Corporate/Workgroup mode, and I think I recall that it worked that way while composing/reading messages in plain text format and perhaps for HTML format. However, it probably did not work that way for Rich Text format (RTF); I think those attachments appeared "embedded" in the message body.

I no longer have Outlook 2000 to experiment with, but perhaps you can confirm this (or confirm that I'm wrong) with your own testing.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attachment on bottom. Separate Windo(OLK2000 SR-1)

I can confirm Jefferson's answer that the location of Attachments at the bottom of the message window happens for plain text and HTML formatted messages in OL 2000 and prior versions, and there is no native setting to vary the location (it might be doable with a custom message form). In XP and 2003, attachments in those same message formats appear at the top of the window just below the Subject box. I'm pretty sure that in all Outlook versions if the message is formatted as RTF, the attachment is located in the text where the insertion cursor is when the attachment is added.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attachment on bottom. Separate Windo(OLK2000 SR-1)

Thanks everyone. The HTML mode works.