3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Small Business Spreadsheet (Excel 2002/2003)

I am trying to help someone who needs a small business spreadsheet. Nothing too intense. They mainly need customers and sales tax . Does anyone have something like this? I checked on microsoft for a template but they do not have anything that helps with the sales tax.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Small Business Spreadsheet (Excel 2002/2003)

Could you be a little more specific about needs. If there is nothing canned, perhaps one could be created without too much trouble.

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sure - I think they want to be able to do everything for their small business on one spreadsheet which would include their customer list, items purchased, sales tax paid. They want to be able to send the sales tax information to the state and instead of going from a customer worksheet to a royalty/sales tax page - just combine everything. I am not sure how to do this. Maybe they will need a separate worksheet - one with the customers sales invoice that links the sales tax to another worksheet?? I really do not know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks

You might also want to try Googling on something like "small business templates" +excel. You might be able to find some good "hits". I, personally, have never used a small business template or needed to find one.

Steve

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

To expand on Steve's suggestion, this discussion comes up from time to time, Excel is not the best tool for maintaining true double-entry accounting records, rather, it's an analytical tool. If you are in the US, I'd recommend QuickBooks for any small business, outside the US, prices for QB can be steep. However, what you can do easily in Excel is keep a cash ledger; <!post=here,346835>here<!/post> is a very basic example; from here the business can use a pivot table to extract totals and analyse their records.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS