2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

disk full error (Access 2002)

Can anyone explain why I would get a disk full error in the middle of a procedure? I have checked an the disk is NOT full. Is this some kind of write error? I was able to click through this error and my report completed, but the data was incomplete, naturally.

Thanks

Re: disk full error (Access 2002)

Technically, you may not have enough RAM to run the report, but I am pulling at straws here.

Have you checked your queries that drive the report for a cartesian product to ensure that you are not generating data that isn't necessary. I have "Crashed" many different systems by having invalid joins and doing just this. I would cheat by putting a Select Distinct... in the query to get rid of the duplicates, but I ultimately had to fix the queries when the systems crashed or I received the not enough memory error.

You may also have too many different applications open at once. Try closing some of them.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks for your reply, Gary

This is being run on a Citrix server, so it is possible that I might not have enough RAM on the server. This is a very intermittent problem--probably once in 25 runs or so.

I just need to add an error handler to catch this and terminate the report altogether and instruct the user to begin again. I think the error happens at different points in the code and in different procedures, although I'm not sure. How can I write an Error handling procedure that would catch this one error regardless of which module or procedure it occurred in?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can't unless you've built a code framework for your application or your error handling is done through custom classes. Access has granular error handling. It doesn't provide a global error handler.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was afraid that was the answer I would get. Thanks for letting me know.