New Lounger
    Thanks

Database/ECommerce (2003)

Hi all...greatest site on the net! I have a question regarding e-commerce. I see a lot of software programs that do it all for you...I am cheap, so is my newest customer so I don't want to pay! Does anyone have any experience with e-commerce by creating a simple Access database and using PayPal's free shopping cart "stuff"? I know FrontPage fairly well; I know Access farily well; I have never put the two together! I would think a simple Access database with descriptions, picture link, etc. and then creating a PayPal button to go along with each item would suffice. Customer does not want a merchant account. Any ideas, feedback, etc? Thank you MUCH in advance!!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database/ECommerce (2003)

You're in for a lot of work if you want to design an e-commerce site from scratch, but if you're up to the task....more power to you. The reason I say this is because you will need to carefully design the database and plan for contingincies that you may not even be aware of. In short, it will be an ongoing project that will require a lot of TLC to get it working properly.

Personally, I have used VP-ASP to build sites with e-commerce tools. The price is fairly low, and you get the code and the tools you need in one download - including an Access database. Just remember to set up any credit card authorization using secure sockets (https) and you should have a winner.
    -Mark