New Lounger
    Thanks

Unmatched Query (Access 2002 SP2)

Every couple of weeks I bring home an Access file containing names and address fields and I maintain a duplicate at home. In the course of that time there are changes to be made to the addresses between the two the files and when I run the built in unmatched query between the two tables querying the address fields I get very poor results as it does not return all of the unmatched addresses. It only returns about half for some unknown reason. The copy I keep at home has additional fields with notes that are not part of the file I bring home, that is why I need to run an unmatched query on the address field so I can update my copy with the latest addresses.
    I was wondering if anybody out there would have another way to run an unmatched query between the two files and get a more accurate result?

Thanks
    Yardmaster5

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unmatched Query (Access 2002 SP2)

You don't give any details at all, so it is impossible to know why the Find Unmatched query fails.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ok I don't know what kind of info you need but I'll try again. I have two tables both of which contain names and adresses. One table is maintained at another location and I get a copy every couple of weeks. I maintain another copy of that table with the names and addresses plus an additional field for notes. Every couple of weeks I get a copy from the other location where they may make changes to the addresses and then I have to update my copy with the corrected addresses. I've been using the built in unmatched query on the address fields between the two tables but for some reason it will not return a complete list of unmatched addresses between the two tables. EG record ID 1 has an address of 1234 Front St from the table I get from the other location. My copy of the table for record ID 1 has an address of 1234 Rear St but for some reason it will not show up in the results of my unmatched query.

I hope I explained it better here
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A find Unmatched query is probably not what you need. Create your own query as follows:
    - Add the two tables; I'll cal them tblAddress1 and tblAddress2
    - Join them on the ID field.
    - Add the Address field from both tables.
    - In the criteria for one of these fields, say from tblAddress1, enter <>[tblAddress2].[Address].
    - Of course, you must substitute the actual names.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks I'll give it a try
    Yardmaster5

New Lounger
    Thanks

Great it seemed to work just fine for eg when I ran the built in Find Unmatched Query I got 12 results now I did it your way & I got 54 results I think this will work much better

Thanks again
    Yardmaster 5