Star Lounger
    Thanks

Runtime Error 2803 (WinXP/Access 2003)

"Microsoft Visual
    Runtime Error 2803
    You don't have the licence required to use this active-X control"

Due to a HDD failure at an inappropriate time, I ended up effectively upgrading to Access 2003 and then to WINXP a few days apart. Hence I don't know which, or the combination, is causing this problem.
    When I open the .mdb program/data on a network, all works fine. Copy the same to my HDD and open it and get the above error. The debug highlights "DoCmd.RunMacro stMacroName", which is hardly an esoteric command!!
    Two other programs on the same computer seem to work OK??

Anyone with some thoughts as to what I can try next? Anyone track down the error 2803?

Thanks

John

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Runtime Error 2803 (WinXP/Access 2003)

You did not metion if the db is actually using an ActiveX control or not. If not, one possible cause for this type of error msg is (according to MSKB 310814): "This behavior can occur if the Microsoft Data Access Object (DAO) 3.6 object library (Dao360.dll) is not correctly registered." You would have to re-register DAO360.dll to fix problem. For details see MSKB 310814:

ACC2000: ActiveX Error When You Open a Database That Does Not Use ActiveX Controls

If this is not cause, then I have no other ideas, I have not encountered this error.

HTH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Runtime Error 2803 (WinXP/Access 2003)

And is the control installed on your hard drive, not just copied there? You can also get this message for other reasons that have nothing to do with an ActiveX control, such as OLE automation. Check your references and make sure the code compiles.
    Charlotte