3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PDF in I.E. (6.0.2800)

I've the newest version of Adobe Acrobat. Things were working fine, but I accidentally reset something. Now when I hit a URL that's a .pdf, I get a blank page. When I open a .pdf on my harddrive I get a dialogue saying that opening this on IE has been turned off, and do I want to enable it (I say yes). (In preferences in Adobe Acrobat, it seems that IE is checked; otherwise Acrobat works fine from my hard drive). What do I need to turn on so that a URL with a .pdf will, indeed, open.

kdoc

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PDF in I.E. (6.0.2800)

I'd open Acrobat reader and check under PREFERENCES on the menu bar that DISPLAY IN BROWSER is checked.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks: Had already done that. It was already checked, and seems not to solve the problem?

k.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You next might check in Windows Explorer to see if a file named nppdf32.dll is located in the INTERNET EXPLORER folder under plug-ins. If it is not there you might be in for a reinstall of the program.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's there, safe and sound. ??

k

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 28-Mar-04 15:12. Addec url code)</P>Check out this MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...p;Product=ie600

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That seems to be what we're talking about. I'm hesitant, however, to think it's unsolvable (I had already done what they suggested and moved the .pdf to my hard-drive with acceptable results. However--it worked before from the internet, with these people (Epson Online Print Academy), and stopped working just after I did some hasty clicking. So I still think I caused this.

k

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is from Adob's site: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/98fe.htm

You might check to see if third party browser extensions are enabled in the INTERNET OPTIONS/ ADVANCED tab in IE.

I would be tempted to go back into the reader and UNCHECK the preference to display in the browser and thereby force a prompt to you to make a choice on your next attempt to either open the file or save it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When I uncheck in Adobe Display in file Browser, it opens in Acrobat from the internet: perhaps that's what it was always doing, rather than opening in the browser. In any event: now, with that unchecked I can directly open a URL with a .pdf from the internet, without downloading to the HD. (I still get a dialogue to Save it or Open it, for safety sake).

Thanks: that was fun!! That explains the MSKB: which virtually said that the problem was an intended one [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

k