New Lounger
    Thanks

Electronically Share Stacked Bar Graph (Form) (Access 2000)

First the good news - After much trial and error, I have finally manipulated a stacked bar graph into exactly what the powers that be in my organization requested. It is a form in Access and works wonderfully. I "chose" to do it as a form because I could not get the required "stacked" bar option as a report.
    Now the problem - They're not happy to just print this out in all its beauty and distribute it hard copy. Nope, they want to be able to email it to folks who do not have access to the database. I am encountering massive difficulties; else I would be continuing to congratulate myself. I have tried adding the working form to a report, ending up with multiple gibberish. I have tried exporting graph to Excel, ending up with the data only and having to re-build the chart in Excel (do-able, but not a good option since I am looking for easiest/most automated procedure for the powers that be to use).
    I am a relatively new and "self-taught" ACCESS abuser and would greatly appreciate words of wisdom. Please help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Electronically Share Stacked Bar Graph (Form) (Access 2000)

In itself, I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get a stacked bar chart in a report. You could try saving the form as a report. However, the only export format that would preserve the chart is the snapshot format (.snp). This requires that the recipient has the free snapshot viewer installed. Perhaps a better solution is to create a PDF file from the form or report. Most computer users have the Adobe/Acrobat reader nowadays.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Some additional information: The database was built with 2000; I am currently using 2002. The form is a pivotchart based on a crosstab query - it was the only way I could figure out to correctly sort the information into the 3 categories needed for the category axis (Yr, Qtr, Sched).
    I tried "save as" report, but again all I got was the data only (not the chart). I have used the .snp option in the past for reports, but I do not have that as an option when exporting a form (my choices are limited to: Access, Excel, HTML, text, asp, IIS 1-2, rtf and xml). How would I create a PDF file from the form?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You didn't mention before that you had created a pivot chart; those are not available for reports since pivot charts are meant to be interactive.

Snapshot format is only available for reports, not for forms.

You need an application to "print to" PDF format. The "official", expensive application is from http://www.adobe.com, but there are free/cheap alternatives, for example from http://www.pdf995.com. If you searc for free pdf in the Software Finds and Wants forum (or even in this forum), you'll find other programs. When you have installed such an application, you can print the form to a PDF document.